The aim of the lab is to develop and field test integrated communications and control technologies across building systems. Systems include advanced lighting, HVAC, and plug-load controls that: minimize energy use; respond to changes in occupancy and environmental factors; improve their functionality, reliability, and operational insight; integrate sensor data across building systems & enhance occupant comfort. The lab also developed a plug-load controller, Smart Strip, for ubiquitous sensing and control of building loads.
1.1 Following are the instruments available at lab:
|1.||Data Acquisition / Data Logger Switch Unit||34970A|
|2.||NI cDAQ-9184 NI CompactDAQ 4-Slot Ethernet Chassis||cDAQ-9184|
|4.||NI USB multifunctional I/O device|
|5.||Agilent U8032A Triple Output DC Power Supply||U8032A|
|6.||DC Electronic Load Mainframe N3301A 600 Watt with 300 Watt Load||N3301A|
|7.||Agilent Desktoptop Digital Multimeter||34410A|
|8.||Weller rework station||WRX3|
|9.||Keysight DSOX2024A Oscilloscope||DSOX2024A|
|10.||Agilent Function Generator 33500B||33500B|
|11.||Cypress PowerLine Communication Development tool||CY3272,CY3274|
|12.||Power Quality Clamp Meter – Fluke 345||FLUKE 345|
|13.||Fluke Ti125 Industrial-Commercial Thermal||Ti125|
|14.||CMA 6 Albedometer||CMA6|
|15.||Testo 480 – High-end VAC measuring instrument||TESTO 480|
|16.||U30 USB Weather Station Data Logger||U30|
|17.||Testo 815 – Sound level meter||TESTO 815|
|18.||CR1000 Measurement and Control Data logger||CR1000|
|19.||CR6 Measurement and Control Datalogger||CR6|
|20.||Yokogawa WT330 Series Digital Power Meter||WT330|
1.1.1 34970A Data Acquisition / Data Logger Switch Unit
- 3-slot mainframe with built-in GPIB and RS232 interfaces
- 6 1/2-digit (22-bit) internal DMM, scanning up to 250 channels per second
- 8 switch and control plug-in modules to choose from
- Built-in signal conditioning measures thermocouples, RTDs and thermistors, ac/dc volts and current; resistance; frequency and period.
- 50k readings of non-volatile memory holds data when power is removed
- Hi/LO alarm limits on each channel, plus 4 TTL alarm outputs
- Free BenchLink data logger software to create tests without programming
1.1.2 NI cDAQ-9184 NI CompactDAQ 4-Slot Ethernet Chassis
- Choose from more than 50 hot-swappable I/O modules with integrated signal conditioning
• Measure up to 128 channels of electrical, physical, mechanical, or acoustic signals
1.1.3 NI myRIO
- The myRIO is an Embedded Development platform.
- It includes analog inputs, analog outputs, digital I/O lines, LEDs, a push button, an
- Onboard accelerometer,
- A Xilinx FPGA, and
- A dual‐core ARM Cortex‐A9 processor.
- Also include WiFi support.
- You can program the myRIO Student Embedded Device with LabVIEW or C.
1.1.4 NI USB multifunctional I/O device
- It has 8 Analog Input with 12 Bit, 1 kS/s resolution
- 2 Analog Output with 150 Hz output frequency capability
- 12 Digital Input and Output.
- It is a low cost multifunctional DAQ device. It has both Digital and Analog I/O and a 32 bit counter. It can be used for simple data logging.
1.1.5 Agilent U8032A Triple Output DC Power Supply
- 60V/3A (2x) & 5V/3A; 375W,
- excellent load and line regulation (CV: < 0.01% + 2 mV; CC: <0.02% + 2 mA)
- Fast transient response < 50 µsec with Low output noise ≤ 1 mVrms (0.5 mVrms typical) and ≤ 1 mArms from 20Hz to 20MHz.\
- Fully integrated OVP and OCP.
1.1.6 DC Electronic Load Mainframe N3301A 600 Watt with 300 Watt Load
The Dc Electronic load Mainframe N3301A is used for the measurement and testing of the power supplies and DC-Dc converters. With this simultaneously all outputs can be measured. Along with multiple single output power sources can be also tested.
1.1.7 Agilent Desktoptop Digital Multimeter
- The multimeter has 6½ digit resolution
- 10 measurement functions: DC/AC voltage, DC/AC current, 2- and 4-wire resistance, diode, continuity, frequency, period.
- An accuracy of 0.0035% DC, 0.06% AC 1000V max voltage input, 3A max current input.
1.1.8 Weller rework station
The WXR 3 Rework station is able to perform all tasks related to soldering, desoldering, and hot air in one multifunctional station. The WXR 3, includes soldering irons, preheating plates, desoldering tools or solder baths. 2 integrated pumps make the system independent of a separate compressed air supply: A high-performance pump for vacuum and hot air and a separate vacuum pump for pick-up tools.
1.1.9 Keysight DSOX2024A Oscilloscope
- 200 MHz,
- 4 channel, Oscilloscope
- 2 GHz/S sampling rate.
- Built-in 20MHz Function Generator,
- 5 digit counter, and
- 3 digit digital multimeter.
1.1.10 Agilent Function Generator 33500B
33500B Series waveform generators with exclusive Trueform signal generation technology offer more capability, fidelity and flexibility than traditional DDS generators.
1.1.11 Cypress PowerLine Communication Development tool
The CY 3272 High Voltage Powerline Communication Evaluation Kit demonstrates the ability of CY8CPLC10 devices to transmit data at 2400 bps over High Voltage (110-240V AC) Power Lines.
It has On-chip powerline bridge application layer, powerline network protocol layer, and physical layer FSK modem and the Chip power supply derived from 110V to 240V AC.
1.1.11 NI ELVIS II, NI ELVIS II+ Modular Engineering Educational Laboratory Platform
1.1.12 Power Quality Clamp Meter – Fluke 345
The ideal meter for commissioning and troubleshooting modern electrical loads to analyze the harmonic spectrum, a low-pass filter to remove high frequency noise, and a high EMC immunity design, the Fluke 345 is ideal for
measurements on switching loads such as variable frequency drives, electronic lighting and UPS systems. Additionally, the Hall Effect measurement system makes measurement of dc current possible without the need to break the circuit, and the internal memory enables long-term logging for analysis of trends or intermittent problems.
1.1.13 Fluke Ti125 Industrial-Commercial Thermal
1.1.14 CMA 6 Albedometer
An Albedometer consists of two pyranometers. The upper sensor measures incoming global solar radiation and the lower sensor measures solar radiation reflected from the surface
below. When the two signal outputs have been converted to irradiance in W/m², the albedo can be simply calculated.
The Specification as following:
- Spectral range (50% points) 285 to 2800 nm
- Sensitivity 5 to 20 µV/W/m²
Response time < 18 s
- Zero offset A < 10 W/m²
- Zero offset B < 5 W/m²
- Temperature dependence of sensitivity (-40 °C to +70 °C) < 20 %
- Temperature dependence of sensitivity (-10 ºC to +40 ºC) < 4 %
- Operating temperature -40 to +80 °C
- Maximum solar irradiance 2000 W/m²
- Field of view 180 °
1.1.15 Testo 480 – High-end VAC measuring instrument.
It is High precision digital Air flow and volume flow(also fume cupboard measurements), Temperature, Humidity, Pressure (difference and absolute pressure), CO2, Illumination intensity, PMV/PPD measurement instrument.
1.1.16 U30 USB Weather Station Data Logger.
HOBO U30-NRC Weather Station, use up to 15 channels to collect environmental data and then upload to HOBOware® software for analysis.
It can perform measurements for 4-20mA, AC Current, AC Voltage, Air Velocity, Amp Hour (Ah), Amps (A), Barometric Pressure, Carbon Dioxide, Compressed Air Flow, DC Current, DC Voltage, Differential Pressure, Gauge Pressure, Kilowatt Hours (kWh), Kilowatts (kW), Leaf Wetness, Light Intensity, Power Factor (PF), Pulse Input, Rainfall, Relative Humidity, Soil Moisture, Temperature, Volatile Organic Comp., Volt-Amp Reactive, Volt-Amp Reactive hour, Volt-Amps (VA), Volts (V), Water Flow, Water Level, Watt Hours (Wh), Watts (W) and Wind
1.1.17 Testo 815 – Sound level meter.
The testo 815 sound level meter can be used for control measurements in the air conditioning and heating area, on combustion systems or at workplaces. It can also enable quick and precise assessment of machinery and discotheque noise.
Applications of the testo 815 sound level meter
Heating technology: measurement of the volume of burners Industry and trade: measurement of machinery noise. Event technology or public authorities: noise levels at events Building services: simple measurements by the caretaker when there are complaints.
1.1.18 CR1000 Measurement and Control Data logger.
- 16-bit cpu with 32-bit internal core running at 7.3 MHz
- 2MB of flash for operating system; 4MB of battery-backed SRAM for CPU usage and final data
storage; 512 kB flash disk (CPU) for program files.
- 8 differential (DF) or 16 single-ended (SE) individually configured input channels. Channel expansion provided by optional analog multiplexers.RANGES and RESOLUTION: Basic resolution (Basic Res) is the A/D resolution of a single A/D conversion
1.1.19 CR6 Measurement and Control Datalogger
- CPU: 32 bit with hardware FPU, running at 100 MHz
- Internal Memory: 4 MB SRAM for data storage, 1 MB flash for program, 6 MB for OS
- Micro SD Drive for extended data storage up to 16 GB
- Clock Accuracy: ±3 min per year, optional GPS correction to 10 µs
- USB micro B for direct connection to PC (limited power source during configuration), 2.0 full speed, 12 Mbps
- 10/100 Ethernet RJ-45 for LAN connection
1.1.20 Yokogawa WT330 Series Digital Power Meter.
The WT300’s wide range of functions and enhanced specifications allows to handle all the measurement applications from low-frequency to high frequency inverters using a single power meter.The WT300 series with the fast display and update rate of Max. 100ms offers the customer a short tact time in their testing procedure.
- The basic accuracy for all input ranges is 0.1% rdg + 0.1% rng (50/60Hz)
- DC 0.1% rdg + 0.2% rng (0.2% + 0.2% for 40A).
- Can perform a Simultaneous Measurement of voltage, Current, power, Frequency, Harmonic components, total harmonic distortion with a maximum cycle of 100ms.
1.1.21 Fluke Process Calibrator 726 Precision MultiFunction Calibrator
- More precise measurement and calibration source performance, accuracies of 0.01%.
- Two separate channels; measure, source and view process signals simultaneously
- Measure volts, mA, RTDs, thermocouples, frequency, and resistance to test sensors and transmitters
- Source/simulate volts, mA, thermocouples, RTDs, frequency, and pressure to calibrate transmitters
- Source mA with simultaneous pressure measurement to conduct valve and I/P tests
- Integrated pressure switch test allows you to capture the set, reset and deadband of a switch
- Memory storage for up to 8 calibration results, return stored calibration data from the field for later analysis
- Transmitter error% calculation, interpret calibration results without a calculator
- Perform fast linearity tests with auto step and auto ramp features
- Power transmitters during test using 24 V loop supply and simultaneous mA measurement
- HART mode inserts 250 ohm resistor in mA measure and source for compatibility with HART instrumentation
- Custom RTD curves, add calibration constants for certified RTD probes for enhanced temperature measurement.
1.1.22 Fluke Thermal Bath
- World’s smallest portable calibration baths
- Calibrates sensors of any size or shape
- Stability to ±0.015 °C
- Ranges from –30 °C to 200 °C